Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Party a Success!

The Halloween Party was a great time! Troy, one of our bartenders, won first place in the costume contest. He's the tall one in the picture on the AMVETS website. I have not seen that many people at AMVETS on a Friday night in the last two years. I would like to thank Mike Milligan for organizing the party and preparing the chili and dogs. I also want to thank our judges Carol, Meridith, and Judy. They made the contest really fun.

I was a little disappointed to see no Veterans in costume (myself included). Only associates dressed up. Next year I'll be sure to be in costume and encourage others to do so as well.

Start getting excited for Veterans' Day! The post will open early for the parade.

2 comments:

Billy Washburn said...

Mr Comander,,,to your statment about no vets were in costume,,,you forgot about me,LOLOL,,,I am a veteran and I was in costume,,,,remember the pimp,,LOL
Your's Truly
Billy Washburn

Joe said...

Sorry about the confusion Billy. I stand corrected, we had 1 veteran in costume. Hope you had a good time.