Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chirstmas Baskets

Applications to nominate someone to receive a Christmas Basket are available at the bar. If you know a veteran in need this holiday season please come down and fill out an application for him or her. Families of service members deployed are also great candidates to receive baskets.

We are taking donations to help cover the costs of the baskets this year. If you want to donate please either contact me (309-251-5455) or there will be a place at the bar in which to leave your donations. I encourage our members to also seek donations from the community. I am not too proud to beg for veterans' families, so I will bug you if I see you. Along with the Christmas Baskets I would like to be able to give Toys R Us gift cards to families with children. This will allow for the parents to buy gifts for their children that might not otherwise be purchased.

We will be putting baskets together and handing them out on Sunday December 21, starting at 9 a.m.

Joe Sharpe
Finance Officer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe,
I would be interested in helping put the Christmas baskets together that Sunday. Do I need to sign up anywhere or can I just show up?

Joe said...

A sign up sheet sounds like a good idea. That way we can have an idea for how many people plan to come. Maybe you could post one at the bar.

Anonymous said...

I will help with Christmas baskets too. I encourage other Ladies' Auxiliary members to do the same.

Anonymous said...

To Nancy Somers ...

Yes, Mom, I'll be there.